Tuesday, December 7, 2010

APPT Sydney 2010

Over the past week I have been gearing up and adjusting my game accordingly from my usual online aggression to a live small ball strategy accomodating for the big 2 weeks that is APPT Grand Final Sydney. It's all happening, all the interstate and international players are here. Time to pack the online grinding station away for a fortnight (bar monday majors ofcourse!) and buckle down to have a great series and get some live scores on the board!
The Events I will be playing/have already played will be as follows:

- $1100 Opening Event (early KO)
- $1100 6 max Semi-Shootout (early KO)
- $2200 6 max (early KO)
- $15200 High rollers (I play tomorrow 7/12)
- $6300 Main Event (I will play day 1c on thurs 9/12)

As you can see I haven't had the greatest start to the series but it's been a good warm up for the ones that will really count. I am happy with the way I've been playing so far and, while everytime you play you make mistakes, I don't think i am making any more mistakes than normal.

I am really looking forward to playing the high rollers event tomorrow. I think it's a combination of it being a slightly bigger buy-in than normal at $15k and the fact that it is held in the sports theatre downstairs at Star City rather than it being held upstairs in that dungeon of a poker room. It being held in the sports theatre gives the event much more hype and attention which then makes me more excited and much more motivated to give it my 110% because more people will be watching. There is some extra pressure on me for this event but at the same time it is less stressful because i have sold a decent chunk of my action (action = a % of the buy-in) to friends which makes me more nervous that i am representing alot of people but more relaxed that i don't have as much money invested.
Word on the street also is that Daniel Negreanu and Ted Forrestor are in town! I have gone ahead and assumed that Daniel will be playing the event tomorrow. This is really exciting for me because when i first got into poker with my brother and friends we used to watch him play on High Stakes Poker etc. We talked about and idolised him as the sort of poker player we all wanted to be someday. To think that only two and a half years later I will be playing with him in a $15k buy-in event fills me with all sorts of crazy exciting emotions.
Well, I am going to get a decent sleep now and prepare accordingly for a big day tomorrow. I will have a decent breakfast and get some sunlight before being trapped inside all day as a great way for me to start.

Stay posted as I will be updating the blog later with a report on how my Monday went online today and how the big event tomorrow goes. I will be making it a regular thing to post a decent report on every stage of the day throughout my day on Mondays. I will be getting my video blog up and filming final tables and/or deep events, then adding interesting hands to the blog when I can get my head around editing and uploading videos.

Peace out..

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo, first comment!!!....gl for the high rollers!!
    =Davo (bro)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kool Bananas, Love your work :P

    ReplyDelete