Sunday, February 6, 2011

Radelaide!!

Currently as i am writing this i am on the plane flying home from Adelaide back to good old Sydney and its looking like i am leaving normal 22 degrees weather and am going to run into 40 degree heat. Not looking forward to the heat but definitely looking forward to being home. Adelaide was a not so successful trip. The only tournament i played was the Adelaide ANZPT (Aus and NZ Poker Tour) main event and i cruised through day 1 pretty sweet and finished with a struggling stack of about 25 big blinds but day 2 didn't go so well and i made a squeeze shove with KJ and ran into AK. I am happy with my spot and unfortunetly i could not catch up and win the all-in.

I wanted to go home as soon as i busted but i had a look at flights and, it being a Friday, they were super expensive at about $450 a flight or i could wait till the next day and get a flight for $120. I decided to stay and just relax with some friends and watch the soccer whilst having a few drinks. Unfortunetly for me the bet i lost on the soccer matches the difference in the flight anyway so i probably could've just headed home lol.

The past few weeks/months for me have been kind of hard with poker. I may seem to have been doing well with a few deep runs but my losses are outweighing my wins by very far. One thing i am very aware of is that Laraine and i are planning a big trip around America for about 2-3 months or so therefore i need to be very careful with my bankroll that i don't go broke between now and then. A lot can happen between now and then with poker for those who don't know the game well enough and i just really need to manage my money smart enough. I've decided to look into getting a backer again for a while to make sure that i can handle a decent downswing if it comes. I am happy to spend all my money in America and be broke when i come home but between now and then i am going to play it safe.

While i have the chance too i just want to throw a shout out to Jessie Mckenzie who is currently in the top 3 chip counts with roughly 20 or so players left to go in the Main Event in Adelaide. He is battling it out for a $150k first prize and he definitely deserves it. What i really admire about Jessie is that he is the most humble person within the poker community that i have met who is always generally happy for others to be doing well and winning tournaments. In this industry there is a lot of berating and jealousy going on that when you meet someone like Jessie you know he'll always be a good friend. I also know he puts alot of time and effort into his game and is very open to improvement and advice which is always going to be a winning strategy. I wish him the best of luck and skill as he plays out the remaining of the tournament.

That's it from me now and over the next few weeks i hope to have my head buckled down for the next series of the FTOPS (Full Tilt Online Poker Series) with some decent hours online and hopefully some juicy final tables. There's a good chance i will be selling some shares throughout the series in some of the bigger events and multi entry tournaments so keep and eye on my twitter (Brendooor) and Chip Me Up (chipmeup.com) accounts for advantages to share my future success with me!

Take care people!

No comments:

Post a Comment